Tracking and Monitoring
As a Producer:
- Avoid mis-transported goods (damage, loss, theft)
- Respect my CSR/quality brand image
- Trigger new production when goods are know to be compromised
As an End Customer:
- Guarantee my purchase can be used/consumed safely
- Get visibility on the integrity of the Supply Chain
- Confirm sustainable and responsible processes
As a Transportation Provider:
- Guarantee the quality of service
- Avoid complaints and insurance claims
- Offer/sell additional services to my customers
As a Buyer/Reseller:
- Guarantee my purchase is apt for reselling
- Respect the chain of certifications
- Limit insurance claims (to me and by me)
How does it work?
The S4GV Tracking and Monitoring solution relies on the interoperability between the S4GV Platform and a set of hardware devices - multiple sensors and an S4GVBox acting as a communication relay; the overall solution is therefore perfectly integrated.
- Define your items and related monitoring constraints in the S4GV Platform. For example, bottles of wine typically need to be stored and transported between 12°C and 16°C with a humidity level above 65%. Please note that this operation is related to your item so it is fully reusable across all S4GV solutions and only needs to be done once.
- When preparing your items for the shipment (pick & pack), the S4GV Platform will automatically detect that you're packing items that have monitoring constraints and will ask if you want to add a sensor to your pack. You can of course have multiple sensors configured specifically for different boxes or pallets.
- If so, the sensor will be automatically configured based on the contents of the box or pallet; in other words, your shipment officer will not need to know what are the monitoring constraints for the items. From this moment on, the sensor starts measuring and logging.
- Your boxes/pallets will then be loaded into a container. At this point, it may be useful to position specific motion-detector sensors into the container itself (not linked to a pallet) then the S4GVBox can be installed and configured and the container closed. The S4GVBox will be automatically configured to listen to the notifications and alarms sent by the various sensors included in the shipment.
- During transportation, the S4GVBox will communicate to the central Service Center the GPS position of the container, whether it has stopped and all the measures and eventual alerts triggered by the sensors. These communications are performed in real-time, allowing to to react immediately.
- When the container has reached its destination, it can be unloaded and the S4GVBox can be removed and prepared for the next trip. The transporter can generated a full report of the shipment as a certification to all the downstream operations confirming that transportation has been performed according to requirements.
- The box continues its own life all the way to final delivery to the customer.
- When the box arrives, all sensors are retrieved so that they can be unloaded: each sensor will contain the logs of the entire trip. This logging information is available at the end of the cycle and is therefore called deferred monitoring.